5/05/2015

All my life, I had a lump

Okay, so not really.  But last year, right around Easter of 2014, I had a lump removed from my neck. It was a benign schwannoma, and it was the 3rd one I've had removed in my lifetime.  I have a genetic disorder which can cause these, and sometimes pregnancy hormones make them grow.

The biopsy came back fine, but I had to have another surgery to repair the vocal cord which was paralyzed because of the tumor.  I recovered nicely can was back to work soon after.

Fast forward to this year when the lump returned.  A few tests and scans later they agreed it was another growth.  I had it removed on April 1 and a week later I found out it was malignant.  A type of sarcoma called  "MPNST".  Basically it's a malignant tumor of the nerve sheath.  Scary stuff.  I'll be using this blog again to write about dealing with cancer and still running the household.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment