5/10/2013

Busy mom-meal planning and grocery shopping

Before I go grocery shopping, I always make a list of what I need in a word document.  Then off to the side of the document I insert a text box and write each day of the week in it.  As I plan my meals (either using Pinterest, asking Goose what she wants, looking on allrecipes.com, etc) I check to see what I need.  Then my list and meals for the week are all together.  I also make sure what I'm making supplies leftovers-as Goose AND myself need lunch for the next day.

Some typical meals around here include

  • Pasta and garlic bread
  • Kielbasa and fried potatoes
  • Kielbasa and potato/onion pierogies
  • Boneless/skinless chicken and a pasta side (mac/cheese, garlic noodles, butter noodles) or potato side (mashed or garlic/lemon)
  • Egg salad
  • Soups (spinach tortellini, potato/broccoli, taco, hamburger)
  • Tacos
  • Chili
  • Pancakes/sausage
  • Egg in a hole
  • Turkey sandwiches
  • Hamburgers and fries
  • Homemade sloppy joes
  • Nacho bake
  • Cheeseburger pie
  • Meatballs

Luckily, my husband comes with me to help grocery shop and lately I've been putting the items on the list in order according to the aisle they are in.  This really helps make our trip quick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment