9/06/2011

Things I find tacky and or lazy

1. I don't like when there is a big event, such as a wedding, and I don't receive a hand-written thank you.  It doesn't bother me as much for birthdays or Christmas (but if I'm sending the gift you should let me know you got it).  How difficult is it to sit and write a couple cards a day thanking people for traveling, spending money, etc on your wedding?

2.  Along with weddings I find it tacky when brides use mailing labels instead of handwriting the address.  Why this bothers me I do not know.

3.  I find it tacky (more lke trashy) when people my age (almost 30) still go out and party all the time.  Even more so if they are parents.  Then they post their trashy drunk pics on facebook.  Not cute or funny anymore.

4.  I don't get why a SAHM would need a regular housekeeper.  Really, your child HAS to sleep at some point.  And once your child is walking, they should be able to help with clean up.  If they won't pick their things up, get rid of them (the things, not the kid).  Multi-task.  We do dishes and wipe down the kitchen as we go.  We throw laundry in while she's snacking or by our side (she helps puts things in the dryer).  Sure, our house isn't always super clean when she's awake, but as soon as she sleeps we go at it (cleaning the house, so get your mind out of the gutter).

5.  When husbands don't pull their weight around the house.  My husband works full time, I work full time.  We share responsibilities around the house. My husband changes diapers, does dishes, takes out the trash, and will do anything to help me around here.  You should have known your husband was lazy before you married him.

6.  When people don't take pictures of their children often enough.  They are only little once.  I love looking at pictures of when I was little and I'm glad my mom took so many.  Keep your camera on hand and take pics people!

7.  When people have dogs and never walk them.  Worse yet, when people have "outside" dogs.

8.  People who cheat to collect welfare (or milk the system).  Welfare is there for people who really need it.  If you can afford to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly, you don't need it.

Hmm.. I think that's it for now.  Vent over.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on every single one of these! Especially #1 and #2. We had over 100 thank you cards to write out and I hand wrote every one with a personal note and I didn't use mailing labels.

    - Rachel

    ReplyDelete